by the way...

Monday 10 August 2009

Le Jog Blog - Day 1

Had a good nights sleep at the John O'Groats youth hostel and then had a nice cooked breakfast served at 7:30.

We got down to Lands End about 9ish, had the obligitory photos and set off. Things were going really well and I came to the conclusion I really liked the new road bike I got for this trip as I went over something that punctured my front wheel. We pulled over and noticed a 'Gigabyte Computers' (ha ha), put a patch on the inner tube and set off again. The patch didn't last long and my tyre was flat again so we went to put the spare inner tube in but found I'd got the wrong size. Doh. Anyway thinking like Macgyver we stuffed it in anyway but didn't inflate it too much, we got to the end then without any more problems dispute Luke riding into pidgeon!

Howard picked us up in Par and drove us back to St Austell Parish Church we're staying tonight. It took us a while to find it but when we did the lady with the keys was very nice and showed us round.
A Chinese and 10 welsh cakes later I'm completely ready for some sleep.

Now da. (taken from Nath & Luke's Blog

Taken from: Le-Jog Blog